Tuesday, June 4, 2019

Is "Road to Aquibonya" a gamelit harem fantasy adventure?"

I pretty much finished the first draft of *Road to Aquibonya* yesterday. Just go a couple hundred words, maybe a thousand at most, to go on it. I never know exactly how long I have to go because I'm what writers call a "pantser" not an outliner. (A "pantser" is a writer who writes "by the seat of his (or her) pants" rather than doing an outline of the story and following the outline.) I actually do outlines of my novel length stuff, or stuff that looks like it will go novel length, nowadays, as it has certain advantages in plotting, but I'm still enough of a pantser that any outline I create changes as the work in progress progresses.

I have noticed that a lot of stories on Amazon are bieng sold as “gamelit harem” stories, or “gamelit reverse harem” stories. I am confident that Road to Aquibonya fills the bill as far as being a harem fantasy adventure erotica” story because damn: one magical guy, 13 half-succubus slavegirls, magical battles left and right, 8000-word sex scene, what the HELL else would it be?

But … is it gamelit? “Gamelit” seems fairly broadly defined: it is a story whose format fits fairly well with various tabletop and video games. Like Dungeons & Dragons and World of Warcraft. I'm not sure EXACTLY what this means, that's the issue. I feel that my story's mythology fits fairly well into D&D and WoW, but it doesn't have exactly the same mechanics as WoW or D&D. But my character does collect mana throughout the story in order to have a shot at winning the battle with the Big Boss at the end …

..what the hell. It IS a gamelit story. Whaddya know. Sometimes just asking a question gets you your answer.

No comments:

Post a Comment